Some of our training topics/titles include:
- Assisting in the Aftermath of Disasters and other Life Crises
- Clinical Supervision: Strategies for Strengths-based Practice
- Co-traumatization: The Cost of Caring
- Emergency Preparedness
- LSW / LCSW Exam Preparation Courses
- Psychological First Aid
- Self-Care & Resiliency
- Suicide: Strategies for Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention
- Tragedy, Trauma, and Resiliency in a Post 9/11 World
- The Write Stuff (workshop on successful writing for publication)
- Workplace Violence: Strategies for Preventionand Postvention
- Writing/Reviewing/Updating Disaster Plans for Human Service Agencies
Many of our training sessions are offered offered to schools, clinics, hospitals, agencies, and other institutions and are only open to the staff from those organizations. When our programs are offered to the general public, we post them on our New Events page.
In addition to training, EOTS staff members can provide consultation to anyone confronted with traumatic situations such as fires, accidental deaths, suicides, armed robberies, hostage situations, or any other type of violence in the workplace. Locally, we can also provide directservices including: screening and triage of victims; crisis counseling; defusing and debriefing; psycho-education programs; outreach; public education; media contacts; and preparedness planning activities.
Here are some sample slides from our presentations: